Sunday, July 6, 2008

What makes me an expert?

That's a very good question. My name is Tom, and what makes me think that I'm an authority to tell you how to create, promote and profit from a website?

There are several answers. I can tell you about my educational background (boring), my work experience (I've done web programming and design for NFLshop.com, Eastbay.com, Krause Publications and many other places), but the ultimate answer is simply that I've done it.

I have a hobby site, clown-ministry.com, that I've been running for around 10 years. I generate several hundred dollars per month from this hobby site, and I have page 1 ranking from Google on dozens of words and phrases. Not bad for a hobby :)

What I want to do is show you how you can do the same, show you pitfalls to avoid, and 'take you along' as I set up additional sites, designed not to be a hobby but to generate income.

You're welcome to come along for the ride; feel free to let me know what you think.

No comments: